Since the founding of Angus Energy in 1991 by Phil Baratz, Angus has helped marketers to keep afloat in the volatile seas of heating oil prices. In 2008 the owners of Angus entered into an agreement to sell an equity portion of the company to a large reinsurance company to bolster our balance sheet, and to dramatically expand our offerings. In 2010 Angus purchased TAG, now known as Angus Performance Advisors, the industry leader in business intelligence and performance reporting. In 2011 Angus formed Angus Advisory & Finance, providing services ranging from budgeting assistance and profitability analysis, to locating working capital support for your business.
Originally, Angus Energy assisted clients in retaining and expanding their customers lists through various pricing programs. Presently, Angus covers the spectrum of challenges facing dealers. Industry changes and economic upheaval require oil dealers to closely examine the way they do business.
Angus understands that as the heating oil industry moves forward, dealers will not be able to just go the rack, pick up oil and deliver while assuming:
- that their bottom line will work out at the end of the season
- that their credit lines will be sufficient
- that margins will be exactly what they predicted
- weather will be normal
- staff will perform maximum capabilities
- fleets will deliver at maximum efficiency and capacity
- service technicians will exactly mirror service call requirements